Coach Gabriel Graham is 43 years old and a father of 5 children ranging in age from 10 to 23. A resident of Bellevue for 30 years, he’s invested himself heavily in this community and has coached just about every sport on every competitive level. Soccer is what Gabe has always played and coached most often. He can humbly say he has a great reputation in this city.
- Gabe has played soccer since age 5. Started with premier club in East Northport, located in Long Island N.Y. He was coached by a highly respected former Olympic, and national team player named John Pinezich. Best coach he ever had. Gabe played 6 years with them and they were successful on every level.
- He moved to Nashville in 1985 and played for several different travel clubs over the 5 years that led him up to high school. Again he was fortunate enough to have good coaching and great teammates and we achieved much success. Gabe was a part of the ODP (Olympic Development Program) for several years during this time as well.
- He attended Hillwood High, and was a 4 year varsity starter and forward for the school. He was also a captain and won a regional championship.
- He played in college for M.T.S.U.
- Gabe then began playing in adult leagues and coaching boys club soccer, and coaching for what was then called N.Y.S.A. Sting. He coached Sting boys from age 10 up until high school.
- He coached many years and various age groups of recreational soccer for H.Y.S.A. from 1996-2008.
- He was an assistant coach for HFC U-10 girls travel club 2004-2005
- Coached H.F.C. travel girls team from 2005-2007
- Coached two 98 travel girls teams for TNFC (Tennessee Futbol Club) in Franklin Tn. 2008-2010. His team was finalist in 2009 State Championship and Champions in 2010. State Finalist in 2015 with U14 Boys and the FCA girls team were State Champs in 2016.
- Head Coach for Ensworth High School Boys 2009, 2010
- Head Coach for Ensworth Middle School Boys 2008, 2009, 2010. Gabe coached them to their first ever and only HVAC Championship in school history!
- Asst Coach for Ensworth High School Girls 2009, 2010
- Head Coach for Harpeth F.C. 98 girls, 97 boys, and 99 girls and assistant for 96 boys 2011, 2012 Coached 98 girls in first year of D2 level play outscoring all state opponents 20 to 1, and achieving ranking of #1 nationally in “Soccer In College”
- Currently, Gabe coaches the 06’, 03’, and 02’ Girls teams at FC Academy.
- He holds a State E, National D, and NSCAA National license (equivalent to “National C) at present. His licensing allows him to coach any level of soccer.
Coach Graham’s philosophy in coaching mirrors his approach to business management and public relations, and that is “performance through preparation.” As simple as that sounds, he believes it is missed far too often and leads to unnecessary fallout. He approaches the game and his players much like he would his employees or fellow coaches. With a great deal of experience developing and training others to perform at their absolute peak, he puts a great deal of time into “preparing” them for the task ahead. He believes each situation may call for a different approach, and has developed training programs for players and coaches. It is multi-level and creates measuring bars and accountability on every age level. It also involves seasonal evaluations of all players and coaches in writing and player evaluation shared with parents. This culminates into an “off-season” development plan for each player within the organization.
Contact Coach Graham